One Size: 8 Notes x 2 Octaves x 40" Length x 7-3/8" Width x 1" Diameter Tubes x 6 Pounds
- Stainless steel ring.
- The injected molded UV resistant ABS top plate is extremely durable, will not warp or crack, outlasts wood, and needs no special treatment. Its smooth hard surface helps to reflect and amplify the music.
- Nickel plated brass crimp sleeves attach the cord to the ABS plates.
- Stainless steel washer adds support for the sleeve attachment to the top plate.
- The first thing that wears out on a wind chime is the cord. The UV weather resistant black 300 pound test braided polyester cord we implement endures many years of harsh outdoor conditions. Compared to nylon, polyester is minimally less strong and shock resistant because it does not stretch like nylon, but it is more abrasion resistant, more UV resistant, and will not hold water like nylon, thus will not attract mildew.
- Internal suspension of the tubes delivers more action and resonance, less wear, and a sleek appearance. It is the most effective and attractive method for the least damping of the tube's vibration, and avoids the abrasion of passing the excessive cord through the holes in the tube. Furthermore, this method allows the tube to swing with no directional restriction. Galvanized wire pins attach the cord internally and are bent in the middle to allow the cord to center itself.
- The fundamental nodes are found at 22.421% of the length from each end of the open end tubes. This is where the fundamental tone vibrates the least and where to suspend the tubes to avoid damping their vibration as much as possible, and permit their full resonant potential. This is the attachment point with the internal wire pin. The holes are drilled so that the top of the hole, the place of contact with the pin, is the exact node point.
- The anti-nodes are found at both ends of an open end tube and also at the midpoint of the tube's length. This is where the fundamental tone vibrates the most, and where not to suspend the tube to avoid damping it's vibration. But it is where the tube should be struck to activate its vibration. The midpoint is the most advantageous attack position for uniform resonance and smooth action. The tubes are arranged in vertical symmetry so that the 5" diameter ABS clapper strikes all their midpoints. The clapper is centered vertically on the pendulum cord to maximize its strike force.
- The eight .922 inch diameter galvanized steel tubes (3/4 EMT) produce bright articulate tones with long lingering resonance. Most other tuned wind chimes feature only 5 or 6 notes within only one octave. 8 tubes in our design allow a full 2 octave range for a fuller symphonic expression.
- A 9" aluminum cord guard is located directly above the wind catcher to protect the lower pendulum cord from abrasion against the metal tubes in strong winds. It is held in place with a keeper pin at the top. This is where the most wear on a wind chime occurs. We are the only wind chime producer that takes this extra step.
- The extra large ABS wind catcher is designed for steady ambient breezes from 3 to 15 mph, measured at the location of the wind catcher (airport weather stations measure stable wind speed from 30 feet altitudes). Each wind catcher is signed, along with the name and notes of the tuning.